Things to consider when deciding whether to go in-house or with a consultant include:
- Costs (employee salaries compared to agency fees).
- Expertise and experience of internal assets (staff).
- Time allowances.
- Ease of termination.
- The expense of a full-time quality manager and staff is significantly higher than a typical monthly consulting retainer fee.
QFHC provides Quality Management experience and expertise spanning three decades. Our areas of expertise include:
- Data trending analysis and report writing.
- Integrated and systematic approaches to Quality Management.
- Organization and facilitation of Quality Committee meetings.
- Creation and management of Quality Committee meeting minutes.
- Coaching of staff in Continuous Quality Improvement activities.
- Collaboration with senior leaders and boards in prioritizing performance indicators that are meaningful and feasible for action.
- Preparation and presentation of annual Quality Management evaluations.
- Ongoing assessments of quality of care and utilization of services across the health center’s scope of project.
- Assurance of compliance with HRSA and FTCA Quality Improvement requirements, as needed.
QFHC has extensive knowledge of and experience with the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) process. We are experts in crafting Performance and Quality Management programs that are systematic, goal-driven, relevant, meaningful, evidence-based, multi-purpose, resource-efficient and highly effective. Quality Management services include:
- Development and assessment of committee structures for oversight of quality of care and services.
- Facilitation of organizational integration of Quality Improvement through internal coordination and communication processes.
- Development and assessment of an organization's Quality Improvement monitoring system.
- Technical assistance with generation of quality management reports for committee and governing board presentations.