Candace J. Chitty
CPHQ, President & CEO and Co‑Founder
Candace J. (Candi) Chitty, RN, MBA, CPHQ, President & CEO Candace Chitty is President and CEO of Quality First Healthcare Consulting, Inc. (QFHC) and Chief Operating Officer for Quality First Management Solutions, Inc. (QFMS). Starting her consulting business in 2001 with a focus on National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) accreditation project management, she has expanded her management consulting over the past 18 years to provide consulting services to Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs and FQHC-LAL), health plans, physician practices, accountable care organizations (ACO), hospital systems, state and federal funded health care programs, and information technology companies. She has been instrumental in the design of the PolicyPLUS™ cloud-based software platform and the HRSA ongoing compliance software, Total330™
Through her leadership, organizations have achieved effective and sustainable results in the quality of health care they deliver by making improvements in coordinating and improving the utilization and quality of care and services, redesigning care delivery systems toward patient centered care, developing population health management programs, performance measurement and CQI, regulatory compliance, outcomes measurement and reporting.
Candi brings over 32 years’ experience having held staff, management, and executive level positions in hospitals, physician groups, home health agencies, and health plans. Ms. Chitty has worked with HRSA’s grantee programs since 2003 in the roles of grant reviewer, Healthy Community Access Program (HCAP) evaluator, clinical services technical assistance (TA) expert, FTCA application reviewer, FTCA TA consultant, and FTCA coach, special projects consultant, and Operational Site Visit (OSV) consultant. In 2009 she joined NCQA as an external consultant reviewer conducting the review process for numerous NCQA products including Health Plan Accreditation, Case Management, Case Management Long Term Support Service, Credentialing Vendor Organizations, and Patient-Centered Medical Home.
Ms. Chitty holds a Master’s Degree in Business Administration in Health Care Management, a Bachelors’ degree in Nursing, and a National Certification in Healthcare Quality. She is a certified content expert in PCMH and is a Certified HIPAA Compliance Officer (CHCO) from the American Health Institute of Healthcare (AIHC).
She is an active member of the Case Management Society of America, (CMSA), the National Association of Community Health Centers (NHCHC), the Medical Group Management Association (MGMA), and a member of the NCQA PCMH Congress Steering Committee.
Other key accomplishments include:
- Developed and successfully implemented Emergency Department Diversion Programs in three states by building collaborating partnerships between hospital systems and community health centers.
- Lead designer of rule-based care management software for the leading provider of software solutions for collaborative care management.
- Developed the on-line advanced technical certificate (ATC) in Case Management for the largest community college in the United States.
- Developed a risk based integrated population health program model deployed to Physician Hospital Organizations (PHOs) and self-insured employer groups.
- Lead designer of PolicyPLUS™, an online compliance management software application featuring document, credentialing, and quality management capabilities.